Search This Blog

March 6, 2011

A Mo Manning freebie, Blog Candy Alert and a "Promise"

Happy Sunday, everyone! I hope you are all resting (in other words, crafting! hehe). I know it is my way to relax, as I'm sure it is for most of you! I woke up at 5:30 this morning. I had this eerie feeling something wasn't "right". It's been pouring rain here for two days, so I came downstairs to check on our basement. Sure enough, there is a little water coming in. Not much to speak of, and we have a bucket located where it is dripping in from a pipe comes in the wall. I'm glad this is a rental home, and it's not my problem to fix, but I sure do feel bad for my wonderful landlord, who has been great about taking care of these kinds of things quickly!
Anyhow, being up early, I came in to craft. Yesterday on Facebook, Mo Manning, of Mo's Digital Pencil, (one of my favorite digi-stamp artists) gave away two digi-papers she created. (Sorry, she has already taken them down....they were a super quick freebie!). I sized and printed them to what I wanted for my card this morning, and I used them with her "Sprout" image, which I had purchased as part of the Help for katie collection of stamps over at Jak Heath's blog. (BLOG CANDY ALERT - Jak has some great stuff to giveaway on March 10! Hop on over to check it out! Oh....and she just so happens to be on Mo's Design Team!)
Okay - sorry about the tangent....all stuff I thought you'd like to know! ...Now back to the card. Here it is.
As I said....the papers are the freebies Mo gave away, plus I used a SU card stock. I had printed the papers on Very Vanilla (I'm out of my Whisper White - waaaahh!), but.......I like how it looks on the vanilla - very soft! I colored Sprout in with PSE. It took me a while because Mo does not close all her lines, so I had to use the brush and pencil tool a lot (especially on the hair!). I am happy with the way she turned out! I used some ric-rac and some of my Prima flowers. I also had "found" the Promise tile.....something I have had for years in my stash! It seems to work well with the image, and with the hope of spring! Of course, the rain I had today is also a big indicator that spring is on the way! hahaha!
Thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoy today's creation!
Happy Crafting!

3 comments:

  1. She turned out wonderful. I was lucky enough to get the freebie Mo Manning paper too....thanks for the heads up. Yes, love that design and what a great job on the PSE. Happy happy happy card to see on this rainy rainy rainy day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darn it!!! Missed the freebie. I am so rarely on facebook. Will have to peek in more often. This is a cutie for sure, the colors yell SPRING!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave in the Cutting category today [07 Mar 12:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

    ReplyDelete

I read and enjoy every one of your comments! Thank you so much!