Search This Blog

March 30, 2013

An ABC Recipe Challenge


It's Saturday, which means a new challenge over at Catch the Bug today! 

At Catch the Bug we are having a
Recipe Challenge.
This week we want you to throw in
'A'nything you want, a
'B'ugaboo image, and
'C'ardstock
Easy-peezy. right?!

I decided to use one of my old favorite characters, a Fancy SunBonnet - Beach image.
(Check out the long list of these little dolls at the Bugaboo Stamps Store). 
This card uses lots and lots of supplies, and I know you'll all be scratching your head at me when you see just how many! lol! It actually made me use two cutting machines, tons of different papers, ink, embossing folders....wow! I must have been on a creative roll! lol!
To start, I used my Cricut (gasp! I did WHAT?!). Yep - busted out 'Ol' Dusty' for this one. lol! I used the Life's a Beach cartridge to create the card base, and I also cut two of the umbrellas, one in yellow, one in red, to add some color to the card cut. I created a frame for around the cut in eCAL, and used my eClips to cut the flip flops and frame.
 My sun in the corner is cut using a circle punch on the corner of some glitter paper, 
then I fussy cut the sun rays.
My "sand" is punched with an EK Success edge punch, run through my Big Shot with a "Mesh" Cuttlebug Embossing Folder, inked for added dimension, then layered (one in front of the frame, one behind on the inside of the card for some depth). The light blue paper is glued to the inside of the card. I fussy cut my image, and I used pop dots behind the head and shovel, then glue on the body. There is more layering here than it looks like in this photo, and I didn't wat her to be cocked backward when I applied her over so many layer edges. My flip flops are decorated with flowers that were punched from a Tonic punch, then I added some tiny rhinestones to the flower centers. My sentiment was typed up in Photoshop.
If you look in the lower right corner, there is a tiny seashell, this was punched from a $1 Studio G punch I picked up at AC Moore. I did some fine line detailing around the umbrella layers using a tone-on-tone approach - I didn't want the pieces of the umbrella to stand out more than the rest of the card elements, so I avoided black.

Click Image to Enlarge

Materials List
Bugaboo Image
AC Card Stock
MME Card Stock
Miscellaneous DP from stash
Cricut
Life's a Beach Cartridge
eClips
SCAL
SVG by Me
Stampin Up - 1" Circle Punch
EK Success - Scalloped Edge Punch
Tonic - Tiny Flower Punch
Studio G - Tiny Seashell Punch
Cuttlebug - Mesh Embossing Folder
Stampin Up Ink - Sahara Sand
Sponge Dauber
Pop Dots
Rhinestones

So, let's see your recipe card this week! Pick a favorite image, or try something new from Bugaboo Stamps, whip up your project and head on over to enter it into the Mr. Linky!

By entering your project, you could win up to TEN Bugaboo images!
Head on over to Catch the Bug to play along!

Please check out the rest of the Design Team goodies while you're there! These peeps are filled with talent, full of good tips and ideas......and loaded with eye-candy-inspiring ideas! I am so honored to be part of the group!
<=====Their blog links can all be found in my left sidebar! :0)

Pick up this cute Bugaboo image, and others, over at the Bugaboo Stamps Store, and make sure you also jump over to the Catch the Bug Challenge Blog: it's where you can find out all the lastest "dish" on what challenges are happening and what other challenge sites that Bugaboo is sponsoring (more chances to win some free Bugaboo!). It's also where you can check out all the other fantastic DT projects, including the OBG (Oldie But Goodie) stuff, the ABC (Anything But a Card) items, and the Tuesday New Releases......plus so much more!
Thanks so much for stopping by today!

11 comments:

  1. Just darling....this has gotten me written all over it. OK...you too...I know you could handle some beach time too...haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute. Love how you did the texture for the sand. Perfect fit. Sorry I have been MIA for a while. I am doing much better now. Hope you have a wonderful Easter weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute! Love that darling image and all the fun embellishments!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card, love the colours, thanks for joining in at happy campers Px

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is oh, so, cute, Cheryl! It's definitely not beach weather here today, but I'm getting ready for it. Sweet image and I love all the detail in the embellies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is so cute and fun. Love the flip flop papers.

    Thanks for getting cute with us at Crafts 4 Eternity.

    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perfect paper piecing! Thanks for joining us at Polka Doodles.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww a cute card and such a great image. Love Bugaboo! Thanks for joining our AG challenge at Creative Corner Challenges this week.
    Tammy DT XX

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute, thanks so much for joining us at Jellypark. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is a lot of equipment! My first thought was: where the heck did she get flip flop paper?! You have everything! And your umbrella fits your scene so perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Unbelievable attention to detail, Cheryl! You've taken paper-piecing to a whole ne level. LOVE it! Thanks for joining our Paper Piecing challenge at PolkaDoodles. Hope to see you again next week. ... x
    Asha - PolkaDoodles DT
    Sunny Summer Crafts

    ReplyDelete

I read and enjoy every one of your comments! Thank you so much!