Search This Blog

December 9, 2010

The First Snow for us in WV

The other day, I had posted about the flooded basement we were cleaning up. The day we started doing the majority of the work, it began to snow here for the first time since we've been in WV. Now, being from MI, snow is certainly nothing new to me; however, as my wonderful friend, Cely, put it.....it was like "Christmas card snow" that was falling!  Large snowflakes were floating down, and they looked so soft. I know that sounds crazy, but it was really nice to see during such a messy day for us!
Next to the outside stairs that lead to the basement (there are so many ways in and out of this house, and we have stairs inside the house, plus a doorway from the basement that leads to the back porch area of the house), at the corner of the house, this beautiful sight caught my eye, so I went in to grab my camera.
(Click the picture for a larger view)
Anyhow, I just thought I would share. I abhor spiders, but think their webs are each a piece of artwork, much like all of our paper creations! :)

3 comments:

  1. Cheryl
    This is so beautiful and the photography is great. Just think of all the love and work that spider put into this masterpiece.
    Thank you for sharing this with us.
    Myrna

    ReplyDelete
  2. So we can safely say that even the spiders are a bit cold!! Their webs are artwork, no doubt. Thanks for the snow web picture. And, from the looks of things, you are still making cards in the cold room on porch. Now that's dedication...or is that addiction?

    ReplyDelete

I read and enjoy every one of your comments! Thank you so much!