Search This Blog

January 18, 2011

Bugaboo Catch the Bug Birthday Challenge Continues

Hi, everyone!
I've decided to switch up my direction this week to do do some card creating for the Bugaboo Birthday Week! I know it means less svg freebies, but I promise at least one this week, and hope that you'll come back to check out the cards I make, too! :0)
Bugaboo Stamps is one of my favorite digistamp sites. I LOVE Jodie's images! Her images are often the starting point to svg's that I create: I try to create svg's that go along with the image I'm going to use on my card.
Bugaboo turned one this year, and to celebrate, Jodie and her great design team are having a blog hop over at the Catch the Bug Challenge Blog. It is stocked with great prizes for us hoppers, too! Today, they are hosting a challenge to use a new image that Jodie is giving away HERE. Adding BLING is also part of the challenge today. 
Here's my card today. 
I used some scrap yellow, blue and red pieces of paper for this one. I cut the image base layer and the image with my nesties. The blue us run through the Cuttlebug using the Distressed Stripes embossing folder. The spotted ribbon is something I've had for a really long time (I have a lot of it). I adhered it to my card using 1" dbl sided sticky tape. The buttons are from my button drawer stash. Again, something I've had for a long time. They are adhered with the sticky tape, as well. I find it gives a much stronger hold for the ribbons and plastic embellishes better than any of the glues I've used before. 
The sentiment is hand punched with my Scalloped Oval and Large Oval punches. The inside of my card reads "I wish you the Happiest Birthday.....EVER!"
I had forgotten about the bling part of todays challenge, so I went back and added some Stickles to the flowers, spots on the ribbon, the sentiment and the clown. The clowns nose is paper glazed. It may be hard to see in the photo, but it's raised a bit, and shiny. :0)
Thanks for stopping by! Don't forget to join in the challenge!


6 comments:

  1. Wow....turned out so cute....loving it...everything flows together so well. I had a hard time with this image and yours just burst with fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. fab fab! Thanks for playing with us for Bugaboo's birthday! Joy DT for Bugaboo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darling card! Love the balloon buttons!

    ReplyDelete
  4. your colorin is so adorable...love that balloons too soo cuute card...dont you think this clown is so cuutee...I like this clown images too...I am joining too this challenge on Bugaboo my card is number 13, would you mind to see my Blog? many thanks before, hugs, Monika

    ReplyDelete
  5. great card! love those buttons! thanks for joining this weeks Bugaboo birthday mini challenge at catch the bug!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so sweet, and you colored it beautifully. Thanks for joining us this week at Catch the Bug Challenge Blog for our Bling/clown Challenge!!! Thanks for taking the time to create another challenge for our Birthday bash event. love the buttons! Good Luck! Thanks Again, Tammy

    ReplyDelete

I read and enjoy every one of your comments! Thank you so much!