Search This Blog

January 22, 2014

Puppy Love


Hi, everyone!
I did some Silhouette cutting for some cards that, I think, are a bit unique for a couple reasons: first, I made them! ;o). Seriously, they're unique in my mind because not only did I design the cut file for this, but they are not your typical Valentine. I plan on sending these out to my family members' dogs! That's right, I said DOGS! lol! Not only is that a twist, but they are being postmarked by my dogs! Cute, I think. We'll see what the rest of the family has to say when they open them up for their fur-legged babies. (I'm so cracked. It must be this cold weather affecting my thought processes! lol!)

Anyhow, for those of you that are not aware, already, I have three dogs. I have a lab, Wendy; a border collie, Riley; and a beagle, Mia. They are 12, 11 and 10, respectively. We have had all of them since they could be away from their mother, and they have become their own pack. It is always chaos around here if we have to take one away from the house, and not the other two. The two that are left at home wander around searching for the one that left. The beagle (the youngest) will even sit, staring intently at the back door, until the other comes home, while the larger two dogs do the pacing and patrolling, peeking out every window and into every empty room. They're quite comical!

Anyhow, on with the creative business! I created the card using some dog images I found online that I liked; these even look very much like they could be own my dogs posing. I did some image welding to create the dogs in the circle, and cut them from a piece of black card stock. I then used a Silhouette Cutting file from their store (see below for link) and added the circle to frame the base layer (the black dog silhouettes) and cut this from white card stock. I used my Martha Stewart punch to make the pink and red mulberry hearts for the tree, and a Martha Stewart punch for the butterflies.

Click to Enlarge Photo

For the inside of my card, I wanted it to appear as if my dogs had signed the card with a paw print, so I created some dimensional paws using my PhotoShop Elements program. I also added their names, and the sentiment. I wanted the card to represent all three dogs, so I added the small beagle silhouette on the inside of the card. Now, Wendy ad Riley are the front, and my little Mia is on the inside. :)

Click to Enlarge Photo


Thanks for stopping in! I hope you enjoyed my crafty creation today!
Please leave me s comment so I know you came by, and feel free to follow my
blog, if you don't already, to join me on my crafting journey! :)

Card Recipe
Silhouette Cutting File: Bare Tree Branch
Paper: AC Card Stock
Punches: Martha Stewart: Heart Confetti, 3-in-1 Butterfly Punch
Font: Sentiment: Harrington, Signatures: Handwriting, Dakota

Challenges entered:



18 comments:

  1. Love this card! I saw it on Make it Monday (Im #147). The black cut outs of the dogs and the dog paws are adorable and Im sure your family and their dogs will enjoy them! I am your newest follower and would love if you followed me as well. Im at Crafty Lawyer Creates Have a great day! Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cheryl, thank you so much for stopping by on my blog and leaving a sweet comment about my briday party invitations!
    you made a lovely heart tree card!! good luck on the challenges!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute card. Love the dogs and butterflies. Thanks for joining our Winged Things Challenge at Created With Love Challenges

    ~~Chris
    Co-Owner
    Created with Love Challenges

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable! Great cut file! Thanks for joining us this week at Created With Love Challenges for our Winged Things Challenge!
    DawnD

    ReplyDelete
  5. So clever and so cute too! Love that idea! Sure to bring on the smiles!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww! This is so cute! Thank you so much for sharing this with us at MIM! Remember, to be in the running to win the prize from our sponsor this week just leave a comment for another entry. Be sure to mention you saw them on Make It Monday. The more entries you comment on the more chances you have of winning!
    Good luck,
    Rene :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yep, being a doggie lover, I so understand this! My doggie would be tickled to get his own Valentine! What a fun idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the adorable puppies and the paw prints inside. Too cute,

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at Card Mania Challenges. Good luck and hope you'll join us again.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi,

    I saw this card on several sites! I am madly in love with it! I am a dog lover and this card is just darling!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is one cute card. Perfect for a dog lover or even the dogs you are sending them to. The personalised inside is a fabulous idea and i can see you have put a lot of work and effort into making them
    I spotted your card on MIM and popped over to take a better look.

    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  12. We have 4 dogs so I totally understand! What an adorable card...the family dogs will love it. One year our oldest dog took over my computer and emailed everyone a letter. They loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great card, love what you have created, so cute
    thanks for joining us at created with love challenges
    Caroline dt

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my, this is adorable. What a beautiful layout, and your pups and tree are just gorgeous. I really like them in black. Hope you share what the pups think about them when they are received.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Being a dog lover, this won me over in an instant! Love, love, love! Thanks for joining us at Silhouette Challenges. Julie, DT member
    http://muddypawsinkyfingers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your card! Glad I'm not the only person who sends cards from her dog!! Thanks for joining us at Creative Cutting Challenge.
    Cindy
    DT Leader

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful card. Thank you for playing with us at Creative Cutting Challenges.

    Carolyn
    CCC DT

    ReplyDelete

I read and enjoy every one of your comments! Thank you so much!