Search This Blog

January 24, 2014

Inking it Up!

Happy Friday! I am glad it's the weekend, aren't you!? I love weekends, when family is all home from work and school. We tend to not "do" much on our weekends, mostly because of the cold weather, but it's nice to have all of us under one roof for a couple days; of course, by Sunday night, I am usually ready for my "boys" to go back to work! lol! 
Terrible, I know! 

Anyhow, I made this card a few days ago, and had not posted, yet, so i thought I'd share it today, and maybe provide some inspiration for your weekend crafting! :)

Click Photo to Enlarge

I have several Distress Ink pads that I have not used: they've been on my shelf for several months, unwrappped from the store. :( I decided to open them up and create a window scene using some of my dies.

To start, I used a yellow-beige piece of paper from my stash and started streaking some Tim Holtz Peeled Paint Distress Ink all over the sheet (I just dragged the ink pad over it, I didn't use any tools for this). Then I scored some vertical lines on the sheet, using my Scor-Pal, at every half-inch mark. I lightly folded each score line and used my Tim Holtz Walnut Stain Distress Ink to add some dark color to the lines, intentionally making them "messy" to give the edges a bit of a weathered look. (Again, no special tooks, just using the ink pad to paper).

I punched my Memory Box Small Window and Small Flower Box from some pale yellow card stock, then used more Distress Ink on each piece: Fired Brick and Walnut Stain on the flower box, and Antique Linen and Walnut Stain on my window.

I cut some grass from my Memory Box Grasslands Border die, and I used my Impression Obsession Grass die. I like to use these two together for layering since one is taller and makes for great flower stems! I punched some red mulberry paper with my Martha Stewart punch for my heart "flowers". My window and box are adhered with pop dots to the faux siding paper, just to give them a bit of dimension. I added some blue, striped dp to the inside of the window frame, so that if peering into the window you can see the country-blue wallpaper in the house. lol! Silly, right?! I also added a crimped, scalloped "valance" that I made using my Fiskars Paper Crimper and my Scallop-Edge Scissors.

Here is a closer look at the card so you can see some of the inking better.

Click Photo to Enlarge

Thanks for stopping in! I hope you enjoyed my crafty creation today!
Please leave me s comment so I know you came by, and feel free to follow 
my blog, if you don't already, to join me on my crafting journey! :)

Challenges Entered

11 comments:

  1. Fabulous card, thank you for joining us at the Crafting Musketeers this month, Fran (DT) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love this card! The techniques you used are amazing! Thanks for playing along with us at Cards Galore Encore!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Neat card! Love the faux wood grain look!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful distressed window scene.

    Hugs diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW - did you make that wooden paper yourself? I'm really impressed, it looks fabulous! Love the little window scene wit heart shaped flowers too. A wonderful creation!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is adorable! Love what you have created with all of your inking. Thank you for joining in our challenge this week at Paper Crafting Journey.
    Joyce xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful, love it. Thanks for joining us at the Crafting Musketeers, Nicola X

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cheryl, this is completely awesome. I kept clicking to make it larger as I read how you put this together. I love the aged feel of the scene. Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just beautiful! I love the 'heart' flowers, great idea!
    Thanks for playing along at Diva's this week for our Anything Goes Challenge and good luck in the draw
    Hugs Laurie x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Cheryl Ann,
    This looks charming. Love the wonderful dies & the scene you created. Thanks for joining us at Divas By Design this week.
    Hugs,
    Andie xx

    ReplyDelete

I read and enjoy every one of your comments! Thank you so much!