Search This Blog

January 24, 2010

Scottish Traditions Layout

This is a double page layout that I used a CTMH paper pack (Back Country) and stamp set (Cabin Fever) to make. This is the right page of the layout:
My son's dad is of Scottish descent, and when they have their family reunions, they play Scottish games and dress in their kilts. These photos were sent to me by Kyle's step-mom, Nicole, and I wanted them to be part of his "growing up" scrapbook. The pictures of him with the armband is my favorite - the sepia one that he is looking at his own arm while everyone else is smiling at the camera. He turned twelve that year, so he was "included" in the "manly traditions" of wearing the temporary tattoo and participating in the games for the first time. Definitely a big deal for him! :)
This is the left page of the layout:
The "Generations" sign and the journaling sign are both from Dustin Pike's freebies on his blog (although I believe they have been removed recently, due to his new line of rubber stamps). I used my computer to journal, put the images around the print, and put the CTMH paper in my laser printer to create these. I cut them out by hand to add to the page.

Material List

CTMH Back Country Level 2 Paper Pack
CTMH Campin' Fever Stamp Set
Dustin Pike DigiStamps
Stampin' Up Large Oval Punch
EK Success Border Punch
Sponge Daubers
CTMH Twilight Ink Pad

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and enjoy every one of your comments! Thank you so much!