Search This Blog

August 21, 2010

Cartoon Saturday 08/21 - rambling & martians

So here we are......another week has passed, and it's "that" time again! Cartoon Saturday! :)
How about a free little bit of something that's out of this world?! Today I have a cartoon freebie for you that is just that! :) It's Marvin the Martian. "Why Marvin?", you ask......Well, Bugs Bunny is an all-time favorite of many, many people. There are so many characters from the Bugs Bunny Show, and each one holds it's own special place in my heart: the Road Runner and Coyote cartoons were some of my personal favorites. I can remember sitting in front of a 13" black and white tv at my grandma's house, eating Captain Crunch and watching that Wiley E. Coyote running himself ragged over that silly Road Runner! And Bugs......who doesn't love Bugs?!
Now, flash forward twenty-five years...........I met my husband online. After six weeks of emails and phone calls, we finally went on our first date. We went to see the movie, Gladiator, with Russell Crowe. Then we had dinner at a local Thai food place. It was a good date (obviously....we're married! lol!). Anyhow, you're probably wondering what this has to do with Bugs Bunny Cartoons and free digital paper......well........nothing! Except that in order to understand our second date, you had to know there was a first date, and I was rambling..... :)
On our second date, Chris (my hubby) showed up at my house in a Marvin the Martian t-shirt and blue jeans. He LOVES Marvin! That's his favorite character of choice. Well........this week he has been home, working VERY hard to clean out our detached garage (we have a detached and attached garage, and the detached is loaded up with his "stuff"). We are moving to WV in less than two months, and with him only home one week per month,  "taking care of business" has been a long, drawn-out affair. Every week he's been home, and it's been spent trying to "thin out" the "stuff"........for months now. We've had very little "fun time". Which brings me to......he's a great husband, and works so hard to take care of our family! I was sitting in this air conditioned house, daydreaming about how we met (because lately I do that), and I remembered that silly t-shirt he wore on our second date. He still has that Marvin t-shirt, tucked into the bottom of a drawer. I guess some "stuff" doesn't get "thinned out".....which is a good thing. :)


Please leave some love if you enjoy my freebies! I love to hear from you! :)

File download is compressed and will need to be un-zipped prior to use. Each file contains the image in jpg and png format. The copyright shown on the preview pic is not on the downloaded files.

And, please....these downloads are for personal use ONLY - do not redistribute or share my files! I ask, instead, that you post a link back to my blog. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and enjoy every one of your comments! Thank you so much!