Search This Blog

February 4, 2011

Finally some creations!

Hi, everyone!
I finally managed to finish some things! I had this Gus image, from Bugaboo Stamps, colored in PSE and printed, sitting on my desk, waiting for a home on a card, for two days! My dad's birthday is in Mid-March, and for the last few years I have managed to completely forget to send his cards out! (I know.....BAD daughter!). So, I am ahead of schedule this year - this is for him.  The inside of the card reads, "Growing up is optional! It's nice to see you're exercising your options!" He should get a kick out of it - he's a pretty funny dude for a dad. :0)
Card Recipe
Card Stock - Cool Carribean, Old Olive, Real Red, Whisper White (all Stampin Up)
Digistamp - Gus Birthday (Bugaboo Stamps)
Nestabilities - Ovals
Punches - Oval, Scalloped Oval, Word Window (Stampin' Up), Bubble Border (EK Success)
Embossing Folder - Swiss Dots (Cuttlebug)
Embellishes - Earth Elements Brads (Stampin' Up)
Aleene's Paper Glaze (for the headlights and glasses)
DP - Magnolia (My Minds Eye)

One other card I finished is for my son. He's a senior in high school. We've been consumed with all things "college" for the past two months, filling out papers, making phone calls and interview dates, setting up tours of campuses. Fun stuff! It's exciting, but he is a bit overwhelmed, anxious to be done in high school and "move on", and has had some rotten days, lately. So, this is a bit of a reminder to be patient and keep his eye on the prize; something I think we all need to be reminded of once in a while. This "instant gratification" age we live in sure can beat us down sometimes!
I picked up this digi image over on Operation Write Homes site. It is by Eric Dull, of Broken Road Creative Studios. I thought this image was great to impress patience in a visual way! The chinese proverb reads, "One moment of patience may ward off great disaster. One moment of impatience may ruin a whole life."
Card Recipe
Card Stock - Kraft, Night of Navy, Whisper White (Stampin' Up)
DP - Muirfield (Stampin' Up)
Coloring and text were created in PSE.





5 comments:

  1. Both of these are wonderful cards, but how could you not love that old man one. Sooo cute!

    circlebenterprises.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards! I'm sure your dad will get a big kick of that birthday card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love Gus...I really how you used just the last part of the sentiment...growing old is mandatory.....PERFECT! I'm calling now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darling cards...I just bought some of those Bugaboo stamps as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE that sentiment about patience! My guys are MUCH younger but the instant gratification applies at any age!
    The one for your dad is so funny! That image just cracks me up!
    Well done on both, Momma!

    Stacie

    ReplyDelete

I read and enjoy every one of your comments! Thank you so much!