Search This Blog

May 20, 2011

Scrapbook Layout & a Freebie

Hi, everyone! I've switched gears from making cards to working on my son's scrapbooks. When I first started paper crafting it all began with scrapping. It wasn't until a few years later that I ventured into the world of cards! I used to be a Stampin' Up demonstrator, and then I switched to Close to My Heart products. Now, though, I am simply a consumer......of both! lol! The papers on this layout are from Close to My Heart (CTMH). It is a paper pack called Passages. I made the star-tabbed mats, and those are your freebies for today. :0)
(Click each Photo to Enlarge)

These photos are of my son's JROTC Air Rifle Team from this year. The four-man team he was on qualified for the National Championships that were held at Camp Perry, Ohio in February. They shot in the Sporter Class. (I had posted about this previously, I think). I often have a hard time using more than two or three photos on a page - I like to SEE the photos - but for this layout, I did use several, as you can see. Please let me know what you think - I'd love some feedback on if there are two many, or if the "story" of our trip is told well enough?
The journaling was done in PSE, and the rifle cut-out is from the Cricut cartridge Stand and Salute. It's not the same kind of gun the kids shoot, but it gets the point across, I think! Lol! I will post the other two pages of this event in a separate post. :0) 
Thanks for stopping by!


Please leave some love if you enjoy my freebies! I love to hear from you! :) This is how I know you were here, like what you see, and would like to see more!
I am offering the file download for a limited time, only. 
The links will be active for one week only, so get them while you can!
If you have any problems with this file, please let me know so I can fix it for you, and for others!

And, PLEASE....

Any files I offer are for PERSONAL, NON-COMMERCIAL USE ONLY. This means that you may not sell them, alter them, or share them. They are not for use on websites (including blogs), or for marketing in any way.
Should you wish to share my files with others, please post a link to my site and give due credit.

The files I offer are typically compressed, and will need to be unzipped prior to use.
Cut files are in SVG format and are compatible with Sure Cuts A Lot, and any other software cutting program that supports svg files.
You can contact me at cherylfirst1@yahoo.com if you have any questions about any of my files, or if you just want to drop me a note! 
Happy Crafting!  :)

4 comments:

  1. Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave in the Cutting category today [21 May 02:15am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the free mat files...I have photos and more photos of my son's days at boot Camp that I am wanting to scrap and I will use these...when I get the opportunity to scrap them...:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are wonderful layouts Cheryl! Your sons team look like a fine group! Wonderful way to showcase these great pictures

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Hands Cricut Freebies Search List, under the Elements post on May. 22, 2011. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete

I read and enjoy every one of your comments! Thank you so much!