Search This Blog

July 20, 2011

Bugaboo's Christmas in July Challenge

Hi, everyone! This is my second post today, so if you're here for the AmberINK Birthday Blog Hop, please scroll down one post!


Bugaboo Stamps is having a Christmas in July Blog Hop this week, and their weekly theme challenge is to create a Christmas Card. I have had a tough week around here....bad weather makes for achey bones in an arthritic person (me!). We have had storms here this week, and when it's not storming, the pressure is high and humidity even higher! Yuck! Well, with fans blowing, a/c on high and then trying to vacuum.....well....I popped a breaker! Wouldn't you know, I had not saved my digitally colored image that I was almost done with for todays sketch challenge! I went back to the drawing board.....and here's what I did for the weekly challenge, instead:
(Click Image to Enlarge)
It turns out, that I have copied one of the DT image collaborations, and didn't realize it until I went back to the challenge post to link to this post! lol! Well, Sandye Curry.....I think when another card maker copies you it's the best form of flattery, and I hope you do, too! :0)
I combined a Christmas Brat and Christmas Furniture images, and colored it in with my PSE program (except the hair). I printed it out, and then colored in the hair with colored pencils. I added some paper glaze to my ornaments on the tree, and to the star. I added some Stickles to the snowflakes and the "snow". The hat trim is Liquid Applique, heated with my heat gun so it's puffed up. I used some papers from an MME mat stack that I've had for a couple years. I typed the sentiment in PSE using a font called "Santa's Sleigh".
Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. Cute card and fantastic coloring!! Thanks for playing along with us at Catch the Bug!
    Tammy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute card! love the 2 images together! thank you for playing Bugaboo's challenge at catch the bug!

    ReplyDelete

I read and enjoy every one of your comments! Thank you so much!