Search This Blog

September 8, 2011

Hop-bee Birthday Card

Well.......I made it over the hump for this week! PHEW! Seems like the week is going by slowly for me. I live for my weekends, when my hubby and my son are both home, and we can spend some time together.  It sure is quiet around here today!
I feel like I may be catching a chest cold, and I'm really hoping I can fight it off. I have to help tend a garage sale tomorrow: my neighbor invited me to add a few things I had to the sale, so despite the dreary weather, I am feeling obligated. Everyone say a little prayer for me to help ward off the ugly-bugs floating around! lol!
I'm keeping the house a little quieter than usual: no tv noise in the background, and the dogs have been pretty sleepy (again, the weather!). Once I'm done posting this, I am going to fix myself some chicken noodle soup, and maybe a cup of tea, and veg in front of TVLand, or something. Lol! I don't know about you, but black and white re-runs of Bewitched  or  I Dream of Jeannie always seem to make me feel better! lol!
Anyhow, I worked on the new Bugaboo PCP and CDAC  Wacky Wednesday Challenges for this week, which is a sketch challenge. I actually made a card before this one, and decided I didn't like it so much. This one is better, I think. :0) Ever have one of "those" creations?! Come on now...........don't be shy.....you know you have! ;0)
I never seem to have enough birthday cards in my stash, so I made one of those! I used a Bugaboo Stamp for my image, and some old Sizzix papers I have. I just LOVE these papers, and they don't make them anymore! I just hate it when that happens! I've been scanning in the "last" sheet of each Sizzix pack I have, so if I want to, I can print some later!
I added some brads and a couple Prima flowers from my stash, and a pretty piece of white lace to finish the card. 
Thanks for stopping by to take a look! Don't forget to enter your cards, too! You can win some free Bugaboo images!

Other Challenges this card is entered in:







4 comments:

  1. Super cute birthday card!! Love the fun little bee image and great take on the sketch!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely adorable! I love that paper too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Left comment at CDAC, but somehow missed it here. Don't know how I do that when I feel like I live on the computer. This is so adorable. You like cowboys and bees and do such a fun job to inspire me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This turned out just WONDERFUL! Terrific work - sometimes the second time around is even better =)

    Thanks so much for playin' along with us this week for the Catch The Bug Anything Goes Challenge with Bugaboo Stamps! Hugs & Happy Days! ~Min
    Kaymin Kreations

    ReplyDelete

I read and enjoy every one of your comments! Thank you so much!