Search This Blog

March 14, 2014

Freebie Friday at Bugaboo Stamps


It's Friday.......time for a Bugaboo Stamps Freebie! 
It can be picked up in the store for FREE, but only for a limited time! Be sure to check out the other fun images that Jodie has to offer at Bugaboo Stamps! There's a little something for everyone, and they're all sure to put a smile on someone's face! :)

Click Image to Enlarge

This weeks free image is called Flower Blocks - Rose BlockI don't have anymore sympathy cards in my stash, and I always like to keep at least one. This image would also make some beautiful cards with the roses as red, yellow, or even white! :)

I colored the image in my PhotoShop Elements program, then created a pattern with it. I saved it and imported it into my handy-dandy Silhouette machine to perform a Print and Cut. I was originally thinking of popping up the frame I created on pop-dots, but decided against it. There was something about it that just wasn't sitting well with me, so I simply glued it directly onto my sentiment (also created in PSE).
I was going to leave the card simple, and call it "done", but was feeling like playing around with flower making, so I punched some flowers with an EK Success punch and made some roses, adorned with rhinestone centers. I used my Martha Stewart Five Leaf Branch punch, cutting off all but the bottom two leaves from the stem, and those are my rose leaves. The swirly leafy flourish is from a Cheery Lynn die, Mini Fanciful Flourish - B117s. I had cut two of them; One I kept complete while the other was used to cut off swirls and leaves and add to the complete one to create the arch I was after. 

Pick up this, as a freebie only for a limited time only, over at the Bugaboo Stamps Store, and make sure you also jump over to the Catch the Bug Challenge Blog: it's where you can find out all the lastest "dish" on what challenges are happening and what other challenge sites that Bugaboo is sponsoring (more chances to win some free Bugaboo!). It's also where you can check out all the other fantastic DT projects, including the OBG (Oldie But Goodie) stuff, the ABC (Anything But a Card) items, and the Tuesday New Releases......plus so much more!
Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I hope you'll kindly leave a comment, or become a follower. If I know you were here, I can come to visit you, as well.
Happy Crafting! :)

4 comments:

  1. It's beautiful! Love how you repeated the flowers and cut out the center for the saying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Cheryl, wonderful design.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Cheryl what an awesome idea of making the whole page multiple rose blocks. Great idea. Love the coloring and the additional flowers and swirls. I felt it made a good sympathy card too. Beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great use of this block! This is a difficult image and a frame is a perfect way to use it. Love the blue and I think the roses are a great addition - and so pretty.

    ReplyDelete

I read and enjoy every one of your comments! Thank you so much!