Search This Blog

April 19, 2010

Tribute to a Pet

A co-worker of mine recently had to put down her beloved Holly, an Aussie Shepherd she has had for over fifteen years. I am not very good with expressing words for occasion like this, so I made this for her.
She had emailed friends a photo and this beautiful prose.
It took me approximately five or six hours from idea concept to completion, even though I had some incredible inspiration from Amy - she is the master of name collages, and has a great technique and gallery of the ones she has made on her blog, here.

I presented this to my co-worker today, and she was very misty-eyed, so I think she really likes it. I could hear her telling others throughout the day, "look what Cheryl made for me!". That made me feel good. I'm glad it is something she can hold on to. :)

Material List


Frame - 12" x 12" x 3" Shadowbox (I picked mineup at Hobby Lobby at a 50% sale for $15).
Close To My Heart Papers - Emporium
Prima Flowers
Close To My Heart Spring Brads 
Stampin' Up CardStack - Cranberry Crisp (retired)
Cuttlebug Embossing Folders - Stylized Flowers, Textile, Moroccan Screen, Victoria
Stampin' Up Ink - Ballet Blue
Sponge Daubers
Pop Dots
SVGCuts Breezy Meadow Butterfly #5 cut file
Lace Frame by Monica's Creative Room 

1 comment:

  1. This is beautiful...a wonderful tribute...I must keep this in mind. I love the way you did the words...everything about it is just so nice. thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

I read and enjoy every one of your comments! Thank you so much!