Search This Blog

March 23, 2013

Rainbows, Kermit, Oz and .......Bears?!?!


It's Saturday, which means a new challenge over at Catch the Bug today! It's nice to have some visual inspiration! You can choose to use the colors, the theme of the photo, or go off on a tangent because of some emotion a photo touches within your soul....however this picture inspires you, we want to see it in your project!

This week's theme is a
Photo Inspiration
(See picture toward the bottom of my post)


I'm sure you're wondering what's up with my post title, so I'll explain: obviously, the rainbow comment stems from the inspiration photo this week, and the bear comment comes from my chosen image for my card. Now.....the Kermit comment...well, the entire time (and into the rest of my day!) I was working on this card, I had the Kermit song and the Wizard of Oz favorite, "Somewhere Over the Rainbow", stuck in my head. lol! Catchy little tunes, aren't they?!  So, there you have it - Kermit and Oz really had absolutely nothing to do with the card, or the Bugaboo challenge....it was all about what was in my head! Ack! Haha!
Now on to the real reason you are here ( I hope! lol! ). 

Click Image to Enlarge
This week I colored with my pencils, and I did use my Gamsol with them for blending.
My sentiment I had typed in PhotoShop, and it is layered on an eK SUccess Label Punch. The main image and scalloped layer was cut with my Spellbinders.
The pretty ribbon was a recent find at AC Moore. My paper was a sale item from Michaels, so it is by Recollections. The three large brads are something I have had in my stash "forever".

Here is the photo to use for your inspiration, too! We'd love for you to play along with us!


Now that you've seen how this pic inspired me, let's see what it did to inspire you! Be sure to head over to Catch the Bug to add your creation to the Mr. Linky to play along with our challenge. :0)

By entering your project, you could win up to TEN Bugaboo images!
Head on over to Catch the Bug to play along!

Please check out the rest of the Design Team goodies while you're there! These peeps are filled with talent, full of good tips and ideas......and loaded with eye-candy-inspiring ideas! I am so honored to be part of the group!
<=====Their blog links can all be found in my left sidebar! :0)

Pick up this cute Bugaboo image, and others, over at the Bugaboo Stamps Store, and make sure you also jump over to the Catch the Bug Challenge Blog: it's where you can find out all the lastest "dish" on what challenges are happening and what other challenge sites that Bugaboo is sponsoring (more chances to win some free Bugaboo!). It's also where you can check out all the other fantastic DT projects, including the OBG (Oldie But Goodie) stuff, the ABC (Anything But a Card) items, and the Tuesday New Releases......plus so much more!
Thanks so much for stopping by today!

16 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Cheryl, I like the sweet image the rainbow and the colours.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooo cute! Love that darling little bear and the fun background papers you used!

    ReplyDelete
  3. okay-now I have Kermie singing Rainbow connection in my head too! Super cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely card you have made. Thanks for taking part in the Sweet Pea Stampers Challenge this month of “Spring colours” and best of luck. We hope to see you back again very soon. Best wishes, Kym, Sweet Pea Stampers Design Team xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute!!
    Thank you for joining us for the Wags'n Whiskers challenge. Hope to see you again soon!
    Hugs,
    Tamara DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute! Love the rainbow paper - thanks for playing along at Scrap it with a Song!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute bear image you have colored up! I love your card. The layering, the colors and the details work so well together. Thank you for playing along with us at Chocolate, Coffee and Cards.

    Nadja

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an adorable card!! Thanks for joining us at Scrap it with a Song.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww, such a sweet image, Cheryl, and the sentiment is delightful! Love your adorable rainbow and clouds. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely adorable card! Love the image and sentiment. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Wags n' Whiskers. Hope you have a fabulous day!

    - Jenn DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL! I hate that song. But your card is fab and great job with the pencils! I always find them so challenging.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So cute!!!Thanks for playing at Card Makin' Mamas this week!
    -Adina

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh what a lovely and sweet card!!Thanks for joining us at Chocolate, Coffee and Cards Challenges!!¦
    hugs
    xMx

    you can visit
    http://whenthescraphitsthefun.blogspot.com/
    and http://colorinkdigistamps.blogspot.gr/
    for my free digis!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so pretty! Thanks for joining us at Scrap it With a Song!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome card Cheryl!
    Thanks so much for playin' along with us for the Shelly's Images Challenge.
    We hope you'll join us again for another FUN Challenge! Hugs & Happy Days! ~Min
    Kaymin Kreations

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cute card!! Thanks for participating in our Chocolate,Coffee and Cards challenge!! Hope to see you again next week!

    ~DEANNE~

    ReplyDelete

I read and enjoy every one of your comments! Thank you so much!