Search This Blog

September 27, 2009

SVGCuts September Contest Entries

What a great weekend for crafting! Gloomy, crisp fall weather kept me home all weekend, and with Chris out of town, I was left to my own thoughts (and, yep...I actually had some! lol!).


These pics are of some cards and a home decor project that I put together for http://www.svgcuts.com/ September contest. The first prize is a $20 gift certificate for some svg collections, with the second and third prize being one file of choice - I could certainly use any of those! :)




Blessings Card


This first pic shows the Blessings card I made using a stamped image someone had sent to me in a trade. The contest rules state to use fall colors: I was extremely pleased with her! I also had to use an svgcuts image, and on this one, I used Linus;s 3D Fall Cards, the sunflower card. I colored the image in with my Prismacolor pencils, and there is much sponging and distressing on this card. The "blessings" stamp is from the Verve Stamp Set, "Little Punkin". As typical, the pattern paper was out of my stash. The paper in the middle of the sunflower is really cool, I think! This I had purchased on Friday at a local scrapbook store. I bought it to use in my husbands rock n roll album, but snuck a circle piece for this card because it was perfect! Her flowers are all glittered in a beautiful turquoise blue, using Stickles.






Happy Harvest Scarecrow Card

This second picture is of my Happy Harvest Card. I used the same collection for the card, but used the cornstalk instead of the sunflower this time. The scarecrow is from an old Stampin' Up set, Happy Harvest (from 1999). The scarecrow is also colored with Prismacolor pencils, and the cornstalk is lined with a copper-glitter gel pen. I think my favorite part of this is the ribbon. :) It's gorgeous fall colors really set nicely on the marigold colored paper.




Home Decor Project


This next set of photos is from the home decor project I tackled. I used chipboard for the letters on the frame, some glassy glaze, sponging, bleaching (on the leaves), scoring......just about every technique there is! The flowers are from Mary's 3D Flowers, and the bare trees were one of her freebie files. (As of this posting, the svgcuts site is down right now, but I will try to remember to post links later). The branch cut-outs were from Harvest Hill, and the maple leafs were another of the freebie files on her blog. (She's the best! So generous with her freebies!).

The sunset background in the frame was done using baby wipes and re-inkers. To achieve this look, fold a baby wipe in half, place a thin line of the ink color of choice (or you can do multiple colors at a time, placing each color next to the other on the line side-by-side, not top to bottom). Swipe lightly across your paper until you have the color depth you desire. Simple as that!
Thanks for checking it all out! TTFN!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and enjoy every one of your comments! Thank you so much!