Search This Blog

November 1, 2009

Photo Journalism

I always thought it would be fabulous to try my hand at photo journalism, and scrapbooking is just that, on a small scale, I think! This is my very first "real" attempt to let my pics actually "tell the story". I'm sure there is room for improvement, but I'm pretty happy with the way it worked out. I think my son will be happy with it, as well. (Afterall......don't all parents just LIVE to please their children - imagine MUCH sappy sarcasm here!! lol!).
This was a "supply light" layout. I used two sheets of designer Halloween paper from my stash, my laser printer for the journaling, and four different shades of yellow-orange cardstock for the jack-o-lantern. I did sponge the jack-o-lantern with some SU inks, as well.  For the wolf, I used Sure Cuts A Lot to trace a pdf image of a silhouette I found on yahoo images. The frame around the journailing is from SVGCuts.com Halloween Collection. The jack-o-lantern is #9 of their Jack O' Lantern Collection.










Thanks for checking it out! Be sure to leave me a comment to let me know if you think I tackled the photo-journaling part of my project! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and enjoy every one of your comments! Thank you so much!